This weekend came and went so fast! I raced this weekend at a regatta with my dragon boat team and it was an amazing experience! Working together as a team to race is something completely foreign to me. We consistently placed fourth in the 200m races. There were times that we did really well (like were heading towards first), but we eventually slowed down and ended up at second heh. I did have lots of fun though and it was an experience! We did very well for the surprise race and also paddled for 2km. I’ll tell you that paddling for 2 km is very hard considering that there are turns involved. BUT our team persisted and we did not let anyone pass us! For a boat full of newbies, we did very well and were happy with our results.
Will I continue with this sport? Well we’ll see. I really miss rock climbing and triathlons…it’s where my heart lies.
But anyway, enough about that, I have a recipe for you! It’s chocolate zucchini bread! This is adding onto the vegan mayonnaise that I made last time. We’re using it in this recipe! I can see some of you behind your screens cringing at what I’m telling you, but really it works. Mayonnaise is made out of oil and eggs, right? They go in baked goods, right? Right? It’s very fitting for chocolate zucchini bread, which requires quite a bit of moisture.
The mayonnaise actually keeps the bread nice and soft…
And full of chocolate. It’s absolutely divine. I gave some to my co-workers to try and they can’t tell the difference.
Yields 1 loaf
Low FODMAP chocolately, moist zucchini bread with a special ingredient! You can't just eat one!
Low FODMAP, gluten free and dairy free.
15 minPrep Time
1 hr, 20 Cook Time
1 hr, 35 Total Time
- 1 cup gluten free flour (use one that is mostly rice, tapioca and potato starch)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup lactose free chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Using oil or butter, grease the inside of the loaf pan.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together except for the chocolate chips in a bowl. Sift well.
- Mix all wet ingredients except for the zucchini in another bowl until well mixed.
- Mix the zucchini in with the wet ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until mixed well.
- Add the chocolate chips and save some to sprinkle on top.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- And you're done!