My body is beginning to feel a lot better. Last week I saw my physiotherapist and he finally did some electroacupuncture on me. It’s generally one of the things that I look when I’m being treated because it really works for me. A lot of people get a little squeamish with the whole being poked by a needle bit, but the feeling of little to no pain is worth it. My hip and foot have been feeling much better as of late. I have been getting back into running very slowly…I did a run a couple of weeks ago for about 30 minutes with minimal pain, so I will be recovering very soon.
With studying finally out of the way for now, I have been getting back into the kitchen again. I do admit that there are a lot of times that I didn’t want to be in there especially when I was studying, but after getting some more free time, I was happy to be creative and explore some new recipes. I have a yummy recipe for you today. I really like quick bites that I can take with me for on the go, or have something ready made for me in the fridge for me to eat. I really loved zucchini corn fritters, but I often used flour when I made them. This time, I used a potato starch which is a wonderful substitute.
Feel free to add garlic if you can handle it, I left it out and it still tastes amazing.
These low FODMAP snacks are a delicious and crispy way to get your veggies in with the delicious oozing cheese.
25 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 lb shredded zucchini
- 1/2 lb of corn
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup hard cheese of your choice (I used tex-mex)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Salt and Pepper fo seasoning
- Grapeseed oil for cooking
- Put your shredded zucchini and corn in a colander and sprinkle some salt on top to drain any excess water. Wait 10-15 mins.
- Once your zucchini and corn are ready, add potato starch, cheese, and egg into the mixture. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Heat up your pan/skillet to medium-high. Scoop your fritter mixture using a smaller ice cream scoop or a tablespoon into the oil. Use your spatula to flatten. Wait a couple of minutes or until golden brown. Flip over and cook on the other side for 1-2 minutes.